- To collaborate with the international Olympic Movement and with the various national and international sports organizations in academic, scientific and cultural dissemination fields.
- To carry out research into Olympism and sport, particularly in the fields of humanities and social sciences.
- To organise university courses for professionals and postgraduate students in Olympism and sport.
- To compile documentation and make it available to students, visitors and specialists through information and documentation service.
- To promote international academic activities and coordination of university centres.
- To facilitate -by means of symposia, conferences and publications- the scientific and social dissemination of studies carried out.
CEO-UAB receives the support of the following institutions, which constitute the Centre’s governing board:
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Generalitat de Catalunya
- Diputació de Barcelona
- Ajuntament de Barcelona
- Comité Olímpico Español
International Chair in Olympism
In 1995 the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona and the IOC signed a collaboration agreement for the establishment of the International Chair in Olympism to promote the research, education, documentation and dissemination of the Olympic ideals.